Banner Viadrina


The Frankfurt (Oder) University Library is a public academic library. Although it caters primarily for the students and academic staff of the European University, it is also open to external users who are resident in Berlin or Brandenburg.

Registration and use of the University Library are both free of charge.

Users wishing to borrow media from the University Library, order interlibrary loans or conduct online searches will need to register. External users (i.e. users who are neither students nor university staff) will need to complete a registration form which can be obtained at the Information Desk on the ground floor of the atrium. After registration, you will be given a library card.

When you register, you will need to show a valid ID card or passport and proof of your place of residence. Academic staff will also be asked to show their university ID when registering. The chip card issued to students also serves as a library card. Any users’ particulars required for registration will be recorded in electronic form and are subject to the provisions of the Brandenburg Data Protection Act.

Students are allowed to use the library for the duration of their degree courses. Staff of the European University Viadrina are permitted to use the library until they leave the university. 
Young people between the ages of 12 and 18 may use the university library with the written permission of a parent or guardian.
Government agencies, companies and similar bodies may register as corporate users. The registration form must be signed by an authorised representative of the agency or company and stamped with the agency’s or company’s official stamp. 

Please notify us of any change of address or other particulars. This is in your own interest.

Before leaving the university (“Exmatriculation” (i.e. being removed from the register of students)) you will need to obtain a stamp from the University Library confirming that you have returned all loans and paid any due fees.
This also applies to academic staff who are leaving the university. The stamp can be obtained at the Information Desk on the ground floor.